Introduction to Europass
Europass is a new initiative which aims to help people make their skills and qualifications clearly and easily understood in Europe, thus facilitating the mobility of both learners and workers. The Europass documents have been designed in such a way as to help people chronicle their skills and competences in a coherent manner, whether they are planning to enrol in an education or training programme, looking for a job, or getting experience abroad.
Europass consists of a portfolio of five documents as follows:
- Two documents which individuals can complete independently:
- Europass Curriculum Vitae (ECV)
- Europass Language Passport (ELP)
- Three documents which are completed by the competent organisation on behalf of the individual:
- Europass Mobility (EM)
- Europass Diploma Supplement (EDS)
- Europass Certificate Supplement (ECS)
Benefits of the Europass
- makes it possible to fully present skills and qualifications in a clear, understandable, transparent and comprehensive way;
- creates communication between job applicants and employers;
- helps job-seekers easier to find work in the Lithuanian and European markets;
- promotes the mobility of learners/trainees and employees.